ADSL2+ Version Download User Guide Manufacturer Data Sheet
This faceplate provides the same benefits as the NTE5/BT Broadband Accelerator bell wire filter with the ADDITION of ADSL filtering.
The NTE-2005 replaces the lower half of a BT NTE5 type master socket, manufactured by Pressac UK who supply BT.
The NTE-2005 faceplate is the type of ADSL faceplate that BT Openreach engineers fit on a full ADSL installation (referred to as "Type 4 SSFP", replaces ADSL V1.0 version). The NTE-2005 fits on to any BT NTE5 type master socket (also available-see below), supplied with user instructions, cable tie & screws. It allows the router or modem to be plugged directly into the master socket which often results in a better connection as it is no longer reliant on plug in filters or unreliable poor quality extension wiring. The faceplate provides an ADSL modem/router outlet and a standard BT filtered telephone outlet*. IDC connectors on the rear allow the provision of FILTERED and UNFILTERED extensions, ie, you only need this faceplate and not a microfilter at each extension. IDC tool required ONLY if fitting extension wiring. Latest ADSL 2+ version which is a direct replacement for the ADSL V1.0 version. When fitted to the NTE5 master socket BT refer to this setup as "Type 4: Service Specific Faceplate (SSFP)".
Note this version is the 6 way IDC version which allows both filtered and unfiltered extensions, we also supply the version with 3 way IDC block for connecting a modem/router via the front socket ONLY, please see below.
*The faceplate features a standard BT socket for telephone connection and an RJ45 socket for ADSL connection-the RJ45 socket will accept both RJ45 AND RJ11 (as featured on most ADSL modems/routers) plugs.
- Line: BS6312 approved integrated 431A plug.
- Telephone : Connection via BS6312 4 way BT socket.
- Modem : Direct coupled RJ45 (RJ11 compatible) socket.
- Approved by BT Openreach.
- Extension / ADSL wiring : 6 way IDC connector
- Filters all connected voice equipment so negating the need for microfilters.
- Moulded from V0 rated material colour matched to BT 1P white.
- Tested by BT to SIN 346 Issue 2.2
- Compatible with Calling Line Identification working.
- CE Marked – BS EN 55022.