Latest version that features the filter on the bell wire circuit for IMPROVED ADSL/vDSL performance & WITHOUT 26A surge arrestor which can further IMPROVE ADSL/vDSL speeds! Manufactured to BT specification D2902 and BS6312. The sockets are BABT approved to no. NS/2197/123/600001.
NTE5A type master socket (referred to as "Type 1 NTE5"), as previously installed by BT Openreach (now replaced by the NTE5C master socket). It allows easy testing of the BT network by removal of the front lower faceplate to reveal the test socket. IDC terminals on the rear connect to the incoming BT line, IDC terminals on the front faceplate allow the end user to easily connect internal telephone extension wiring. Supplied as three pieces (22mm back box, rear faceplate with test socket & lower front faceplate with integrated bell wire filter) complete with screws & cable ties. The 22mm back box can be discarded if flush mounting, the socket fits any standard single gang box. Dimensions (L) 85mm x (W) 85mm x (H) 35.5mm.
For ADSL/vDSL installations the lower half of the front faceplate (as pictured below) can be replaced with a filtered faceplate such as the NTE2000, NTE2005, BT/Openreach vDSL Faceplate or VTE2015, this will give the same benefits of the bell wire filter with the addition of centralised ADSL/vDSL filtering. (Note, these are known as Service Specific Faceplates (SSFPs). The BT/Openreach vDSL version retains the original NTE5 lower front faceplate).
Moulding for the bell wire filter, note this does not guarantee your current socket has the filter!
Bell wire inductor fitted to the PCB.
Lower front faceplate removed to reveal the test socket.
- Moulded from V0 rated material colour matched to BT 1P white.
- 2 way IDC connection of incoming network operator’s wiring (LSA style.)
- Standard linetest and ringing components provided.
- 401A Test socket to verify network wiring is good.
- 601A socket for customer’s equipment connection.
- 3 way IDC connector for onward distribution of customer’s wiring (LSA style).
- Provides clear demarcation point between network and customer wiring.
- Can be surface mounted (with backbox) or flush mounted.
- Bellwire filter provided.
- Will accept other Service Specific Frontplates (SSFPs) such as the ADSL Centralised Filter.